Second October Blog Post

The last two weeks in October were more eventful. Due to my connections both with Denesha and my friends at the school, I was able to do some heads. This was an interesting challenge for me as I was able to work with a wide range of hair types, lengths, thicknesses, as well as a range of scalp tenderness. I took these challenges in stride though and was able to complete their hairstyles to their liking. I also took a stab at trimming someone's hair and treating their damaged ends, which ended up being rather successful. The prevalently requested style was a double Dutch braid.

While styling my various clients' hair, I asked them questions about their haircare routine so that I could get a feel of what products to use in their hair while styling it. The questions also served as a way that I was able to give them personalized pointers concerning ways they could improve their regimen, or target a specific area in which their hair needed some more attention. In November, I plan to practice more complicated and more formal styles on mannequins as well as grow my clientele list.










Comments

  1. Thanks for the October posts! You are making nice progress, and I am glad that you are already practicing your craft. Thanks to the wish list that you sent me, we can work on getting you the supplies that you need to take the next step.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Shampooing Problem

December Blog Post

First October Blog Post